GLENVIEW, Ill. – May 2, 2022 –
The Illinois PGA Foundation has announced its schedule of eight PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) complimentary golf instruction clinics available to military veterans as well as two play days for the 2022 season. The first clinic for transitional living veterans began in early April with the rest of the clinics scheduled throughout the season.
“PGA HOPE is a tremendous program to help veterans through various rehabilitation processes and situations and offers an enjoyable and challenging recreational activity by getting them introduced to and involved in the game of golf,” said Carrie Williams, Executive Director of the Illinois PGA Section and Foundation. “We’re thrilled to work with RevelationGolf and participating facilities plus an outstanding roster of Illinois PGA Professionals to make this program possible for veterans to learn the game.”
PGA HOPE Clinics will be held at the following times and locations during the season:
- Clinic #1 – Veterans Memorial Golf Course
- Wednesdays, April 6 - May 11, 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- For transitional living veterans, no public registration
- Clinic #2 – Atkins Golf Club at the University of Illinois
- Mondays, April 18 – May 23, 9:00 am to 10:00 am
- Clinic #3 – Veterans Memorial Golf Course
- Wednesdays, May 4 – June 8, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Clinic #4 – Pine Meadow Golf Club
- Thursdays, May 12 – June 16, 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- Clinic #5 – Harborside International Golf Center
- Wednesdays, May 18 – June 22, 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Clinic #6 – Cantigny Golf
- Tuesdays, June 21 – August 2, 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm (no class July 12)
- For female veterans only
- Clinic #7 – Veterans Memorial Golf Course
- Wednesdays, June 22 – July 27, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
- For veterans who have participated in at least one PGA HOPE clinic
- Clinic #8 – Veterans Memorial Golf Course
- Wednesdays, September 4 – October 12, 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
In addition to the instructional clinics, two play days are also on the schedule. Pine Meadow Golf Club will host a Veteran Play Day on Wednesday, July 6, and Veterans Memorial Golf Course will host a Veteran Play Day on Wednesday, October 5.
Visit ipga.com for more information. CLICK HERE
to register for the clinics and Play Days. Pre-registration for clinics and plays days is required. Clinic registration is open now; play day registration will open Monday, May 9. Pre-registration is required for both the clinics and the play days.
Taught by PGA Professional instructors trained in adaptive golf and military cultural competency, PGA HOPE introduces the game to veterans to enhance their physical, mental, social, and emotional well-being. PGA HOPE is the flagship military program of PGA REACH, the charitable foundation of the PGA of America and is administered locally by the Illinois PGA Foundation working in conjunction with RevelationGolf. The program is free to veterans and will cover several aspects of the game including driving, chipping, putting, and long iron work. The culmination of each clinic will result in an on-course session that will allow the veterans to put their skills to the test.
About the Illinois PGA/Illinois PGA Foundation
The Illinois Section of the PGA of America is a professional organization serving the men and women golf professionals in northern and central Illinois who are the recognized experts in growing, teaching and managing the game of golf. The Illinois PGA is responsible for the administration of competitive golf tournaments, educational opportunities, support programs and growth of the game initiatives. With over 840 members and apprentices, the Illinois PGA is one of the 41 regional Sections that comprise the PGA of America. The Illinois PGA Foundation focuses its community efforts on promoting the goodwill and growth of the game with an emphasis on activities that benefit youth. Foundation initiatives include: GolfWorks Illinois, Youth-based Scholarship Funds and the Illinois Golf Hall of Fame. For more information about the Illinois PGA and the Illinois PGA Foundation, please visit www.ipga.com and join us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
# # #
Illinois PGA Communications
847.804.2721 mobile | email@example.com