Become a PGA Member
Become a PGA Member
There are three pathways that lead to PGA membership — the PGA Professional Golf Management Program, the PGA Golf Management University Program and a test-out option for current and former LPGA members.
While the associate and university programs differ in significant ways, both pathways require completion of the same PGA PGM curriculum, work experience, PGA Playing Ability Test, and employment or internship requirements.
The courses cover content and activities every PGA Professional should know and be able to demonstrate when they enter the profession as a PGA member.
The Reciprocity test-out option is available for either current or former LPGA Class A Tour Player members or current LPGA Class A Teaching and Club Professional division members only.
Please learn more about each program at PGA.org.
Steps to Become a PGA Professional through the Associate Program
In order to become a PGA Member, you'll first need to become a registered associate and go through the PGA Professional Golf Management (PGA PGM) Program.
To register into the PGA PGM Program, you must:
PGA PGM Program at a glance.
- All individuals registering or re-registering as an associate must complete a Background Check. To Complete the Background Check, click here.
- Access the Qualifying Level courses on the PGA Knowledge Center and pass the Qualifying Test. Click here for further details. Valid for 6 months from purchase date.
- Satisfy the PAT requirement; for more information click here. PLEASE NOTE: You are encouraged to verify the expiration dates for the Qualifying Level Courses and the PAT requirement. These expiration dates are noted in the above links.
- Meet the Eligible Employment requirements described:
- Individuals shall be eligibly employed in one of the following classifications.
- You must be full-time eligibly employed at the time of registration.
- Participation in an amateur event will forfeit all work experience credits earned prior to the event
- Register as an Associate. Download the registration form.